Saturday, March 26, 2011

TWO DIFFERENT ANIMALS

Forgot to mention that (not only by virtue of title and definition) Fiction and Non-fiction are two different animals to get published. Certain agents ONLY take on one or the other or their special interest concerns one or the other. Depending on which genre your book is written, the requirements are different.

You don't have to have a non-fiction book completed for an agent to submit it to a publisher. You just need a proposal. Whereas, fiction usually needs to be a completed book for a first-time author. Because the competition is so fierce, it's a good idea to have your proposal worked on by an editor. With fiction, this is not a necessity. The publisher will have their own editor.

It's a dog-eat-dog world out there and not a doggy-dog world as I previously wrote in my last blog (I thank my dear friend for letting me know). It's kinda like when you first learned the alphabet and heard L-M-N-O-P as elemental P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reviews Are Loved By Authors

Reviews are so important to writers. The good ones boost us and the not so good ones influence us to do better. Here's my first FIVE-S...