Saturday, November 2, 2013

And the Addicts Keep Comin'

Addiction is increasing and killing our loved ones. Yes, we love them. Even though they are not the same people we loved before; we will forever love our walking dead, those who struggle to be alive and those who are no longer. The ache never ends but I wish this demon would. I am no longer impacted by addiction at this time in my life. However, since publishing my book, writing articles, responding on websites and speaking out; I have returned to the fold. Since becoming a member of "The Addict's Mom" and "The Addict's Mom g2g" (grandparent to grandparent), I am reading what these moms and grand moms are experiencing and feeling the pain I once felt when my daughter was alive and deep into her disease. I send hugs and love out to all of you who are still suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reviews Are Loved By Authors

Reviews are so important to writers. The good ones boost us and the not so good ones influence us to do better. Here's my first FIVE-S...