OVERVIEW OF FIFTH CHILD

We can fool ourselves into thinking that we have our lives well planned out. It was that way for me, being a product of the 1950/60’s: I’d go to college, meet my prince, get married, have children and live happily ever after. As much as I thought I knew what to expect, my life was riddled with surprises. But the last was the most unexpected, compelling me to write Fifth Child, a non-fiction book about the anguish and consequences of a drug-addicted child, which resulted in parenting her child almost since birth.

My husband and I are cast into a shockingly large demographic. Grandparents raising grandchildren is a growing phenomenon in our country because of our shifting economy, unmarried teen mothers, alcohol abuse and illegal drug use. Close to 10 million grandparents comprise the club. We had already raised four children. Jaime was our third child, and Brady is her son, who began calling us Mommy and Daddy when he was three. Readers may be amazed to find calamity overcoming a so seemingly traditional family. But as events and family history unfold, disturbing pitfalls and unfortunate genetic vulnerability reveal fault lines that can sabotage people from any walk of life.

"The Addict's Mom Sharing Without Shame" Video is so important whether addiction has touched your life or not. It's powerful. Please click on the link below to watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHNZbbePiKg

Follow by Email

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Thank you Jeri Stern, for Your Wonderfully Honest Review

on August 23, 2014
Format: Paperback
This book was hard to put down once I started the first page. She tells how addiction
affects not only the addicts life, but every member of a family. Lynne has the unique
ability to allow the reader to see that addiction strikes all walks of life. Because of
addiction, there are so many grandparents raising grandchildren. Lynne has written
her story and allows the reader to see the daily struggle it is to watch your child
slowly spiral down , but at the same time you have to be strong for your grandchild.
It is not easy to take on the role as a parent when you are in your 50's and 60's.
Some how, some way, millions of us are doing it on a daily basis. We all have a story,
Thank You Lynne for sharing yours.

2 comments:

  1. I read her story, and it was so close to my own journey with my grandson's mom, and raising my grandson. It is a Blessing and then some to all of us that Lynne wrote her details without reservation. I feel so fortunate to know, I am not alone, it keeps me grounded for the child that even now, still loves his mom, and misses not having a Dad. I hope every parent gets to read her book even if they are fortunate enough to miss the nightmares of addiction...if not for the Grace of God, it may someday be their reality. Lynne is an angel for us...truly appointed by God to help us understand this heartbreaking disease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, for this comment, Cathie. You are more than generous with your words but they validate my reasons for writing Fifth Child. Blessings to you!

      Delete